Sunday, June 10, 2012

Trip to Malaysia

We took a trip to Malaysia in May as we had a long weekend, and I wanted for Julia and the kids to experience some of the places I lived and people I met during my mission back in 1999-2001.  We flew AirAsia to Kuala Lumpur (KL), and we were impressed with the quality of the airline despite its bargain pricing.  We arrived in KL and checked in at the Novotel KLCC which is downtown near the Petronas Twin Towers.  As a matter of fact, we could even see the towers from our balcony!  KL has really improved its public transportations since I was living there, and we hardly ran into traffic.  Jakarta needs to take some notes from KL!



We walked around a bit and then headed to Petaling Jaya (PJ) to have dinner with my friends Adrian and Jackie (from my mission days).  We ate at a fun Korean buffet where we cooked our own food.  We had a great time and enjoyed seeing my old friends.



The next morning, we took an electric train from KL to Ipoh.  The train was pretty nice, but not as smooth as the high speed trains in Taiwan.  We were meet at the station by my friend, Chris.  She took great care of us during our stay and is a fabulous host.  We ate lots of great food, visited several Buddhist temples built in limestone caves, enjoyed a day a theme park called the Lost World of Tambun, and enjoyed the company of the great people of Malaysia.  The kids had such a great time, they had a hard time saying goodbye.  I have a hunch this won't be our last trip to Malaysia....




No comments:

Post a Comment