Sunday, January 6, 2013

Taxi vs. motorbike

I decided to go hometeaching this afternoon.  I called for a Blue Bird taxi since the Toyota Kijang was having issues today (engine not getting fuel, I think).  I was not in the taxi for more than one minute before we T-boned a motorbike with an older couple onboard.  The taxi driver didn't even see the motorbike as it was coming down the sidewalk against the flow of traffic.  I yelled "Berhenti!" ("Stop!"), but it was too late.  The older couple were knocked off the bike and the taxi rolled on top of the bike.  The old man got up and tried to pull his motorbike out from under the Toyota Yaris sedan; but of course, this was fruitless.  So the taxi driver put it in reverse and proceeded to rip off the front of his car!  I was just trying to lay low in the back seat... 

Luckily, another Blue Bird taxi was waiting nearby so I hopped in it and went on my way.  The two drivers started arguing as I left, each feeling the other was at fault.  Of course, if this was America, the motorbike would obviously be at fault, but here the general rule of thumb is that motorbikes can do no wrong.  I don't know who won the dispute, but I wasn't going to stick around to find out!  I just am grateful that noone was seriously hurt and I wasn't driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment