Monday, January 20, 2014

Wet Market

We have lived in Jakarta for almost 3 years and I have never been to a wet market.  Some of my friends were going this morning so I tagged along. One of my friends said the wet market at Mayestik is probably one of the cleanest ones around.  The market was on the bottom floor of the big white building.  There is a little shop inside that sells pork but no one was there today. There has been a lot of rain lately and many areas around the city are flooded.  It has been difficult for some people to get to work. Anyways, I bought some fish, shrimp, and beef. The prices were much cheaper than at the grocery stores and the quality looked good.  I think I will likely go back at some point.
IMG_8512 IMG_8513 IMG_8514 IMG_8516 IMG_8518 IMG_8519 IMG_8521 IMG_8524 IMG_8525

No comments:

Post a Comment