Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Taiwan

We bought tickets last night for my parents to go to Taiwan in March.  We will meet up with them for a couple of weeks in March.  I am so excited to go back to Taiwan.  My parents, my brother, and our family of 5 went to Taiwan 2 years ago.  It was a whirlwind trip to see family that my parents had not seen in some 30+ years but we all had a fantastic time.  We are so looking forward to going again.  Taiwan is also known as Formosa which means beautiful island in Dutch.  It is just a fantastic place to visit. 
The thing we are most looking forward to besides seeing family again is the food.  I can’t even describe how delicious the food is.  I am not kidding when I say I gained at least 10 pounds in the 2 weeks we were there.  The food in the restaurants was excellent, but you could buy  delicious “small eats” off the streets pretty much anytime.  They were readily available, cheap, and just amazingly yummy!  I’ve been desperately trying to lose a few pounds in anticipation of the sin of gluttony that will surely overcome me once I get back to Taiwan…lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment