Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Refilling Ink Cartridges


If you haven't tried this, refilling your printer cartridges is a good way to save money and help out the environment.  Cartridges can be refilled numerous times if done correctly.   I asked a friend if she knew of a place I could get my printer cartridges refilled here in Jakarta. She recommended Amazon Refill Station in Ratu Plaza.  I'm sure there are other places around town, but I have really liked Amazon Refill Station.  It cost IDR 40,000 to refill my HP color cartridge and IDR 25,000 to refill the black cartridge.  I was told that the cartridges could be refilled 5 times each. 

Check out this article Ways To Go Green with Ink Cartridges.  I liked the 4 step outline that was set out in the article. The article wasn't that long, but if you don't want to read it, in a nutshell it said:

1) CONSERVE-make the ink last as long as possible
2) REFILL-doesn't require additional manufacturing and is cheaper
3) RECYCLE- 80% less energy consumed than manufacturing a new one
4) SUPPORT-choose eco-friendly products and companies

FYI:
Amazon Refill Station
Ratu Plaza Jl. Sudirman No. 9
Lt. 3 No. 77
Tel: (021) 7279 7725
Jakarta 10270

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. It is definitely a smart money-saving move to buy inexpensive ink cartridges and have them refilled. I can refill my black ink cartridges almost 4 times and the colored ones twice for about the same price as one new cartridge.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete